Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy First Day of Spring!

As you can see, Spring looks a little different here than some places. Quite a few places, actually.  Today is a bright, sunshiny day, temperatures in the low 20's---with a sustained wind of 22 mph.  Maybe that doesn't sound like much, but when it's this chilly, that wind makes a BIG difference.

So instead of celebrating the first day of spring with a cracking good cross-country ski, I'll be getting my exercise from a boring old video while I wait for the next snow storm to hit.

The snow piles in my driveway, with the wind whistling over the top.

The street in front of my parents' house.

Here's a little bonus picture for you. There is a huge herd of deer that is wintering south of Westby. They stayed further out in the fields earlier in the winter, but now that the snow is deep and the forage is sparse, they are coming in close and eating from hay bales left sitting around.

I think the deer around here are super-cute. I've already told Caleb that my next project is going to be a deer rescue---a nice, big heated barn, plenty of food, and a deer-sized pet door for them to go in and out during the winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment