Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Musings...


Today was Valentine's Day, and in honor of the day, the weather served up a heaping helping of Snowy, Cloudy, and Windy. The perfect kind of day to snuggle up inside with a mug of hot cocoa and your sweetheart----or at least a good book. Not that I got to. I got to go to Plentywood for the second day in a row. Goody for me!

But my day was not completely without romance. I also got some chocolates---that I bought myself. I have long since given up on waiting for Prince Charming to get me all the things I want. Now I get them myself, which, while not as exciting as all the knight-on-a-white-horse stuff, at least means I get what I actually want.

I'd still like a little romance to add some spice to my life, but until then I'm happy being me. My life is filled with good things---not that I wouldn't appreciate a hunk thrown in there, too! But I know if I can't be happy alone, then I'll never attain happiness with someone else.


So here's a little pictorial reminder to all the single ladies (and gents!) out there. No matter how gloomy, flat, or colorless your life may appear now, remember that yes, the sun does occasionally break through and shine. And the scenery that looks so plain today can be transformed into landscapes of incredible beauty. You just have to wait for it to happen.





1 comment: