Monday, September 24, 2012

I Miss My Puppies!



"What? I'm royalty, OK!"
 
Well, I hope Esther, Queen of Purrsia feels guilty after that mean-spirited attack post yesterday. But I doubt it! That same afternoon, the puppies' family got back into town 5 days earlier than we expected them. So we had to say good-bye to our little buddies and send them back.

But that means I really, really need to find a puppy for us. There's nothing worse than puppy withdrawal. Besides, having the puppies here showed that we can handle it. Finley, Mr. I-Am-The-Only-Dog-Allowed-In-The-World actually got so he would play with them---sort of. He would galloop around them asking to join in all their reindeer games and they would roll over on their backs saying, "Please don't kill me!" Now Finley is sad because he has no buddies except for all those stinkin' cats.




So I was looking on Petfinder for a nice little puppy friend for Finley. There are lots of different kinds available now.... terriers, labs, pit bulls, mastiffs, but one in particular really caught my eye.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23616419

It's a St. Bernard/Chihuahua cross. The mother is a 180 lb. St Bernard and the dad is a 3 lb. chihuahua. The owner did not expect them to be able to breed. But they did! And this is the result. Looks like it's going to be a small dog, doesn't it? So if you ever wondered what a 180 lb. chihuahua looks like, this is it!

Trixie: Saint Bernard St. Bernard, Dog; Solway, MN

2 comments:

  1. I have ALWAYS wondered what a St B. and Chihuahua cross would look like! LOL I'm just glad gender wasn't the other way around. Yoiks!

    When we got our bored-cuz-fun-person-left-home poodle a little sister, he had a full blown nervous breakdown, complete with projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea.

    He was just SO not impressed by my explanations about how I'm old and crabby and arthritic and I will NOT crawl around and wrestle like that fun person who went and joined the Marine Corps on him.

    Course, we had no stinkin' cats. Anyway, he got over it and they enjoy ramming around with each other now. So that's okay.

    That puppy is a definite keeper. I'd say act quick, before someone else snags him.

    The Queen of Purrsia can just take out her angst writing snarky, unapologetic posts for which I will need to grab tissues to mop my monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy withdrawal – wow, that is one sad word because one probably would not want to be separated from their beloved pup. Good choice for a pooch :)

    ReplyDelete