Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Herding Cats

This is going to be a busy week for me; I have appointments on three consecutive days down in Williston. Unlike most people (maybe all!) I actually enjoy going to Williston for my monthly shopping expedition. But three times in three days!? Even for me, that's a bit much.

Last night I was feeling a bit of the stress, already tired before I'd even started my crazy week. I really, REALLY wanted to go to bed and get a good night's rest. Unfortunately, all my cats were having their nightly wander. It's supposed to be a short dash outside for exercise before bed, but there have been nights I was up until almost midnight, trying to corral the last straggler. One of their favorite games is to trickle in one at a time, then, when I open the door to let the last one in, they all rush back out.

So as I went to the door, I prayed an automatic prayer that I would be able to get the cats in easily. I have to confess, I didn't really expect an answer. But as soon as I opened the door, they rushed in one by one, right down to Lazarus Boopsie and Snickers, always the last cats to surrender.

Of course, now I'm a little worried, because it seems like every time I get a hug from God it's because I'm about to need it. But I'm thankful for such a nice reminder that God cares about the small things in our hectic lives---even herding cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment