Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Random Pictures



I am getting so behind with my posting that I have to throw these out before they get forgotten in the mists of time and car accidents. (Oh, I haven't told you about that one yet?)

The first pictures were taken on my way to work one Sunday morning. It was foggy, but for a brief moment I drove through a sunny patch. The sun was surrounded by an almost complete halo with 2 sun dogs shimmering on each side. I stopped to take a picture (which my camera could only get one side of it, but just picture one more of the same), and on my way back into the car, I looked up. There above me was an icebow, made from all the fine ice crystals blowing in the wind. It was so pretty!






The next set was taken on my way home. There's a very picturesque church on my route that I've always wanted to take some pictures of. Things were so pretty, still with dastardly frizzle, that I had to stop. I didn't get any great shots of the church, but it was still pretty, with the soft pink sunset and muted lighting of mists closing in for the evening. My hands nearly froze off, but one must suffer for one's art, mustn't one?




No comments:

Post a Comment