Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lots of Potential and Buckets of Charm. Just No Water.


So the other day my dad, sister, a passel of kids, and two dogs went to look at a house. Next time I am leaving my dad home. Hmmph. He is too filled with practical advice! The house is in Montana, so I couldn't live in it right now if I wanted to, but come summer when Caleb is out of school, I won't need to be in North Dakota anymore. And I will need a larger place to stay than the trailer when I have 2 and possibly 3 kids home from school.

The house is simply the house of my dreams. It is loaded with Potential and has buckets of Charm. It is a fixer-upper, but that's what I want and what I can afford. There is the slight problem that the well is bad and shows every indication of being bad for the rest of time and eternity, but what's that against Potential and Charm. Quite a bit in my dad's opinion, anyway.

I still consider the house in the running if the time came when I had to have housing and if it was still available, AND if it was all I could afford. It costs $12,500, so here for your viewing pleasure is a possible future Tina house.


The entryway.




The LARGE dining room, with a window seat!



The charming and slightly dangerous stairway.




The large and cupboard-ful kitchen.




One corner of a very nicely-sized master bedroom suite.









And a picture of the shower unit, which gives some hint as to the concerns about water quality. It used to be white, you see.

It is a nice house. It has four bedrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, mudroom on the back and front entrances, basement, large bathroom, kitchen, and several closets. We could certainly fit into it, and if it were only used during the summer, the heating costs would be very low. And who needs electricity anyway?

I don't know if we'll get this house or not. I still don't know where I'll be long-term, but I can sure tell that wherever I'm headed, God's the one taking me, so I'll just hold on and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. The well might be okay. Our bathrooms in MN looks that if you don't supply a good amount of elbow grease regularly. It might still be in the running.

    ReplyDelete